The PPRC has performed well in the discharge of its mandate through the promotion of democracy and building of a culture of peace within and among political parties. In addition to facilitating peaceful and successful elections, the Commission through the UN also provided support to political parties, empowered women and youths and worked closely with the media to reduce political tensions in the country.
Over the past years, the Commission is been able to do the following:
- Strengthened its Staff capacity, by the recruitment of new staff.
- Build the capacity of its staff through training.
- Considerably improve on the welfare of its Commissioners and staff, by way of salary increments.
- Review and revised the Constitutions and Rules and Regulations of the Ruling Sierra Leone Peoples Party, the main Opposition All Peoples Congress Party and the National Grand Coalition Party.
- Supervised and guided the conduct of Intra Party elections, for the Constitutions of their Organs and Structures.
- Repealed and Replaced its Act, the Political Parties Act No.3 of 2002, with the Political Parties Act No 25 of 2022.
- Acquired two new office space in Freetown and Port Loko.
- Win the Confidence trust and cooperation of Political Parties and development Partners.
- Improved its logistics base, in terms of mobility, information technology and visibility.
- Established networks with its sister EMBs: ECSL, ONS, SLP and other lined Departments and Agencies.
- Gained membership of the Association of World Electoral Management Bodies (AWEB).